Looking Forward To 2014 For CGMF.
We are beginning to plan for the following year and we are looking forward to some great changes. However, we also are a little anxious about the changes that will take place as well. Your prayers and participation in bringing about a smooth transition will be of great benefit to us all.
Here is a short list of the emphasis that will be taking place structurally within the next year at CGMF.
1. Neighborhood Groups will be better aligned geographically where possible.
2. Reverend Vossen, Reverend McNeil and other shepherd-leaders will overlap more frequently to assist in the growth and development of each Neighborhood Fellowship. This will help Encourage covenant relationships and further growth in our Christian walk.
3. The School Of Faith will be given greater attention so that supplemental education and course work will be made available online. With a more expansive approach of support for each type of study group being mentored within the framework of CGMF's system of Neighborhood Bible Fellowship Groups.
4. Better organization for regional support for fellowship with one another and within the Body of Christ.
5. Our core discipleship program will stay in place, but be updated where necessary. Also a complimentary course of expanded education within the Foundations Studies will be made with new materials from CSM Ministries.
6. Once a month Gathering's in certain locales will also give rise to Quarterly Mini-Campmeetings with guest speakers, or shepherd-leaders ministering.
These are part of the items we have discussed as primary. We also are concerned about our stewardship, for even though we are not a formal church in an institutional sense. We still have financial goals we'd like to see developed and ministry to sister works. It has become apparent that our utilizing periodic renting of facilities or home groups has given way to a lack of apparent financial involvement. For there is no consistent NEED for paying for a permanent office or facility.
After a survey of stewardship was taken in some of our more mature groups. We found that because none of our ministers take stipend, and that Reverend Vossen and Reverend McNeil have always volunteered their services. The necessity is not seen by many to give to CGMF, even if their basic Christian fellowship is only within it parameters of influence. They might tithe to another church, or even a ministry friendly with CGMF. However, CGMF is not their first thought. This is of concern to some of our eldership and we hope to address it in the year to come.
We hope you are enjoying the Christmas season. Remember to place these aforementioned items of emphasis we mentioned in prayer for the upcoming year. Our hope is that 2014 will be not just our greatest year of growth, but influence and ministry to the whole Body of Christ as well.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Reverend Patrick Vossen,